The Hornby Education Trust prioritises capacity building for English language teaching in low- and middle-income countries. It awards Master’s degree scholarships to teachers and related professionals with relevant experience and evidenced potential to impact and enhance the field of English language teaching and learning in their home country'.
Up to ten (10) fully funded scholarships are available to students who meet the University of Exeter’s admission’s criteria for the MEd TESOL Programme for September 2024 entry. Scholarships will be awarded to academically talented and experienced applicants who are nationals of and work in low and middle income countries as defined in the OECD DAC list (listed here).
About University of Exeter
The University is amongst an elite group of Higher Education institutions to be recognised as consistently providing outstanding teaching, learning and student outcomes to secure the 'Gold Overall' standard in the TEF assessment.This year's Guardian league table (2024) lists Exeter in 18th position out of 122 higher education institutions. The Complete University Guide (2024) published in the Independent lists Exeter in 15th place.... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of scholarship is going on.
University of Exeter Masters Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of University of Exeter Masters Scholarship
- Full fees
- A stipend totalling at least £15,500 (spread over monthly payments) to cover accommodation and living costs (Exact stipend amount, to be confirmed on the acceptance of the award).
- Return international travel costs*
*Covers one journey to the UK at the start of the course and one journey back to your home country at the end of the course. An open return ticket is encouraged.
Requirements for University of Exeter Masters Scholarship Qualification
- You must be a resident of, and work in, a low or middle income country as included in the OECD DAC list (see this list).
- You must have a minimum of three years’ full time TESOL teaching or related professional experience after your first degree.
- You must already hold an undergraduate degree (with grades equivalent to UK upper 2nd class honours or higher) or a relevant postgraduate degree.
- You must first submit a normal postgraduate application to the University of Exeter for the MEd TESOL programme and so receive an Exeter student number. This number will be sent directly to you on receipt of your Exeter application. Only after that will you be able to submit your application for a Hornby Scholarship as this number must be included in your application.
Interview date, Process and Venue for University of Exeter Masters Scholarship
- Applicants will be notified if they have been shortlisted to attend an interview no later than 15th April 2024.
- Interviews will be held during the weeks commencing Monday 29th April & Monday 6th May.
- Applicants shortlisted to attend an interview will be notified of the final outcome no later than 22nd May 2024.
- Any candidates that are selected for the shortlist will be reimbursed the English Language test fee required for acceptance onto the MEd TESOL programme.(To be Confirmed)
Application DeadlineMarch 1, 2024
How to Apply
IMPORTANT: Please first complete the University of Exeter application form for admission to the MEd TESOL programme by the Apply Online section in the upper right section of this webpage.Then, once you have obtained an Exeter student number, please complete the Hornby Scholarship application form here.
For more details,visit University of Exeter website