The Postgraduate Academic Excellence scholarship is available for students on Postgraduate Taught (PGT) courses at Brunel University London and is available to all students who have obtained a First-Class undergraduate degree;
- From a UK University, either in the UK or at an overseas campus or
- Obtained the equivalent of a UK First Class degree from an EU institution
Additionally, graduates of Brunel University London will receive the Graduate Discount of 15% off the final tuition fee amount due (after any the scholarship award has been applied). On the basis that they register on a taught postgraduate programme on a fully self-funding basis (including career development loans).
About Brunel University London
Brunel University London is a public research university located in Uxbridge, London, United Kingdom. Founded in 1966, it was named after the Victorian engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
Brunel's campus is located on the outskirts of Uxbridge. It is organised into three colleges and three major research institutes, a structure adopted in August 2014 which also changed the university's name to Brunel University London. Brunel has over 12,900 students and 2,500 staff and had a total income of £200.7 million in 2014/15, of which 25% came from grants and research contracts.
&nbs... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Brunel University scholarship is going on.
Brunel University London Postgraduate Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of Brunel University London Postgraduate Scholarship
- Students awarded this scholarship will have a discount of 15% applied to their annual tuition fee.
- The reduction is applied only to the tuition fees and not to any other type of additional fee that may be incurred, such as re-submission, repeat modules or resit fees.
Requirements for Brunel University London Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
The Scholarship will be awarded to all full time, part time, distance learning or online learning students who meet all the following criteria:
2.1 Have an unconditional offer to study a taught Master’s programme at Brunel University London, this includes the MBA and Mres programmes.
2.2 Have achieved a First Class honours degree from a UK University or an EU University.
a) For a UK degree: the award must be from a UK University, the student does not have to have attended a UK based campus.
b) An honours degree awarded with distinction is acceptable where no first class classification exists.
c) Holding a higher degree, without having achieved a First Class classification at undergraduate level does not qualify for receipt of this award.
d) For an EU equivalent the award must be from a recognised EU institution and be the equivalent of a First-class honours degree, as listed in appendix 1.
Those not eligible for this scholarship:
- Applicants on all associate courses or modules.
- Applicants undertaking short courses.
- All PGCert, PGDip and PGCE courses – with the exception of the PGCE Secondary Education with PE and PGCE Primary (which are not funded by the Governments Teacher Training bursaries).
- Applicants on Postgraduate Research courses.
- Those who are being funded either in full or partially, this excludes those applicants whose fees are being paid by their employer, but does include:
- Bursaries provided by the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL). This discount will apply to courses that are not eligible for a bursary, namely the PGCE in Primary Education and the PGCE in Secondary Education with PE only.
- Applicants on the PG Cert Education (Primary) FT.
- Courses that are fully funded by the Environment Agency namely MSc Flood and Costal Engineering.
- Those students who are sponsored by their Government.
The order of discounts will be applied as follows:
1. Scholarship/bursary fee waiver applied to the full annual tuition fee.
2. 10% Brunel Alumni Family Discount or Brunel Family Discount applied to the net tuition fee (if applicable).
3. 15% Graduate discount applied to the net tuition fee (if applicable).
4. 2% Early payment discount applied to the net tuition fee (if applicable).
Further information about tuition fee discounts can be found in the Student Financial Policy.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Brunel University London Postgraduate Scholarship
- Eligibility criteria are reviewed annually.
- Scholarships are awarded to those who meet the eligibility criteria at the time of allocation. All decisions are final. Any appeals in respect of the decisions made by the Panel should be referred to the admissions policy. An appeal will only be considered in line with procedural irregularities, where a student believes that the University has not followed the procedures stated within the relevant Scholarship Terms and Conditions and there is reasonable doubt as to whether the outcome might have been different had the error not occurred. Any appeals relating to Scholarship allocation must be lodged ay the start of the student’s first academic year at the University. Brunel will not be able to consider later appeals.
- Scholarships will be awarded each year as follows, to all students meeting the eligibility criteria: from August for courses starting in September, from April for courses starting in May and from December for courses starting in January.
- EU equivalency will be reviewed annually. Where no equivalent appears, the Admissions Office will assess the course application and determine eligibility.
- If an applicant is eligible for more than one scholarship/bursary, they will be awarded the one which is the most financially beneficial across the course duration, exceptions may apply, please review individual scholarship terms and conditions for further information.
- Most scholarships cannot be combined with any other University scholarship, bursary, discount or award, with the exception of the 2% early payment discount, or unless specifically stated in the individual scholarship terms and conditions.
Application DeadlineNot Specified
How to Apply
Go to Brunel University London on www.brunel.ac.uk to apply
Application process: No application is required. Applicants should apply for the programme in the usual way, eligibility will be automatically considered.