These scholarships are open to all nationalities and across all research areas, and will be of interest to students of the highest calibre who have the commitment and desire to work on challenging research projects in a world leading research environment.
About University of Manchester
The University of Manchester, in its present form, was created in 2004 by the amalgamation of the Victoria University of Manchester and the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST). After 100 hundred years of working closely together both institutions agreed to form a single university, and on 22 October 2004 they officially combined to form the largest single-site university in the UK.
... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of scholarship is going on.
University Of Manchester PhD Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of University Of Manchester PhD Scholarship
Fully funded award includes:
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend rate
- £1,000 Research Training Support Grant per year
University Of Manchester PhD Scholarship Courses
Requirements for University Of Manchester PhD Scholarship Qualification
To be considered for this award you must:
- Have submitted an application by the deadline for a PhD programme to start in September 2024.
- Hold (or expect to achieve) a first class or 2.1 UK honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Ideally hold a master's qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent).
- Be able to demonstrate potential for academic research. This may include undergraduate projects, placements, internships, contributions to publications or articles, promoting research to a wider audience, prizes for previous work or stetting up collaborations with other groups.
- Be able to demonstrate involvement in broader activities, e.g. outreach, volunteering, community engagement, engagement in EDIA and other extra-curricular activities.
Other eligibility criteria
Applicants must hold an offer of study at The University of Manchester before applying for this funding.
Candidates must also:
- Meet English language entry requirements as specified by the Department that you are applying to;
- Have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications / articles, promoting your research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work.
Interview date, Process and Venue for University Of Manchester PhD Scholarship
- All shortlisted candidates will be invited to be interviewed by the Faculty DDS Panel.
- Candidates will be notified by email.
- Interviews for this recruitment cycle will be conducted via Zoom.
- The Faculty DDS Panel will assess interviewees based on their DDS nomination form, a short verbal presentation and interview questions.
For 24/25, applications are being considered in two batches throughout the academic year running until 31 March 2024:
- If you apply for this scholarship before 31 January 2024 and you're nominated by your supervisor you'll be interviewed in March and notified if you have been awarded a scholarship by 28 March 2024.
- If you apply for this scholarship between 31 January 2024 and 31 March 2024 and you're nominated by your supervisor you'll be interviewed in May and notified if you have been awarded a scholarship by 31 May 2024.
Application DeadlineMarch 31, 2024
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Manchester on
Dean's Doctoral Scholarships work on a nomination basis, the lead supervisor will consider you for nomination and will support you through the process.
It is important that you have had significant contact with the supervisory team during the application process and that they are aware that you wish to be considered for funding.In order to be considered, applicants must apply for a place on the PhD programme of your choice as early as possible before the advertised funding deadline.
Full details of our research projects can be found on the relevant department webpages as well as information on how to apply for our PhD programmes.
Contact details for enquiries
- Sandra Kershaw
Recruitment and Admissions Manager
Tel: 0161 306 4826
Email: [email protected]
For more details, visit University Of Manchester website